Friday, July 27, 2012

Deep Waters

My Acer Cardigan is finished!  I'm so excited about this sweater because it is by far the most challenging pattern I've ever knit.  And it fits!  Okay, it's not quite finished because I still need to buy buttons, but it's almost finished.  I went to Hancock's for buttons but didn't want to pay $15 for the buttons I chose.  So now I'm waiting for buttons to go on sale.  

 

Acer finished, next project started:  the Vodka Gimlet Cardigan.  Funny, I don't drink, but I'm knitting a cardigan named after a drink....

Pattern:  Vodka Gimlet
Started 7/9/12
Yarn:  Knit Picks Swish Tonal, worsted weight, color-Deep Waters
Needles:  Size 7
Garment Size 32, for me or a daughter if it doesn't fit me.   (It should fit, though, because I did do a gauge swatch--wahoo, since I hate knitting gauge swatches).

I was moving right along on the knitting, but only because we took a road trip and I had hours of time to knit in the car.  Now that we're back home I haven't touched it.  Truthfully, I'm rather tired of the stockinette stitch--I'm ready to move on to the collar or sleeves.  If I'm going to finish this sweater by my August 31st goal, then I need to get back at it.  

The yarn color is aptly named "Deep Waters" and I love it.  I'm not too sure about the purple color pooling on the front of the sweater, but it's really not that noticeable.

  The Front


 Stitch Detail at Waist



The Back

5 comments:

  1. Love the finished sweater, and the WIP too! That's funny about your comment on the pattern name. I don't drink either, but I'd knit that pattern. (Well, theoretically, anyhow! ;-) ) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Acer cardigan! One of my life goals is to knit sweaters, and you continuously inspire me with your knitting.
    I like the color of the Deep Waters sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! Do you ever use cashmere or anything more pricey like that? I've been wanting to improve my skills so I can try something more 'rich', if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one amazing sweater! I'm in awe of your knitting - not something I'm too good at beyond dish cloths. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I just started learning to knit this week, and am working on a Garter Stitch Scarf. I love knitting so far!!

    ReplyDelete