Friday, June 15, 2012

TTL Mystery Shawl



Lately I have taken to reading knitting blogs instead of sewing blogs.  Don't get me wrong, I still love to sew. But I've found that it's easier to knit in 15-30 minute increments than it is to sew in small increments of time.  So I knit.  Enjoying it, yes, but missing the sewing, too. 

Recently I came across Kirsten Kapur's blog, Through the Loops, and decided to jump right in with the my very first KAL (knit along)---the TTL Mystery Shawl

Have you seen Kristen's knitting designs?!  I can't even imagine how designers invent these things--talk about intricate.  And breathtakingly beautiful. 

I wonder at myself sometimes, to attempt a lace shawl pattern when I have such little experience knitting lace.  And I don't even wear shawls, lol.  (I always thought that only old ladies wear shawls, but from the looks of all the shawls on Ravelry, I think I'm mistaken).  

So I am knitting a lace shawl.  A mystery shawl, where the clues are given weekly, one at a time.  I don't know what the finished shawl will look like, but I excitedly anticipate seeing the design unfold as I knit.  

Yarn:  Juniper Moon Farm Findley, lace weight, in black
Needle: size 6

Clue #1


Clue #2



Notice the stitch markers?  The plastic coils were a nightmare on this project, so I switched to yarn-tied loops.  They worked fine, but I can't wait to show you the be-a-uuuuuu-ti-ful stitch markers I made with beads.

Blessings,
Ruth

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, pretty! I've never done a mystery KAL. Can't wait to see your finished project.

    And your stitch markers too! I saw the ones you pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept of a mystery KAL is so neat! Your progress so far is intriguing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lurking on your blog for a while ... I also both knit and sew. I did a mystery shawl (several months after the KAL, and very slowly) a few years ago, also without a whole lot of lace knitting experience. I found that the key for the first many rows was to count my stitches at the end of EVERY row, and after a while I got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete