Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Knitting Love

Not much sewing going on here, but I am slowly making my way through my unfinished knitting projects. 

The Rivulet Scarf is finished!  Now I have a scarf to match one of my winter coats.  :)



The Silky Drop Socks are also finished!!!  I love this yarn!  I love hand-knit socks, and I've started the next pair (see previous post).  I always like to have at least one pair of socks on the needles at all times. 



Sadly, no progress has been made on the Rambling Rows Afghan.   
 


But let me tell you about the Acer Cardigan!  I am so excited about this.  With the knitted cables, this is by far the most challenging thing I have ever knit.  It's the first "real" sweater that I've knit.  Well, it's not finished yet, but it's getting close.  I haven't worked on it in a few weeks because I'm sort of scared to sew in the sleeves and knit the front band and neck band (button holes and all).  What excites me the most about this sweater is that it's going to fit, I think.  And I know I'm going to love it come next fall. Happy, happy.

Ruth





11 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 16, 2012

    I love your socks! I have yet to make myself a pair. My latest excuse is that they aren't a good mobile project with a toddler in tow
    but oh I really want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the Rivulet scarf...so pretty! And the sweater looks like it's coming along nicely.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scarf!!! Your sweater is going to look beautiful on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous knitting! I really love all the colors in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf looks hard work and the sweater is gorgeous. My step-mum started knitting me some socks about a year ago, I'm yet to receive them. I suspect I never will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scarf is beautiful. All of your things are great actually! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! What a lovely scarf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I'm not the only one knitting scarves in the summer...but that's only cause i'm terrified of socks...and double pointed needles! {yikes!}
    It all looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarf is so pretty! And I love the color of your cardigan - can't wait to see it finished. It's goign to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that green scarf is beautiful!! I love the colour and the knit pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea which to comment on first. Let's start with the Rivulet scarf. I have been wanting to knit that pattern forever. You may have just decided that for me. Beautiful!
    Love socks. Love your socks. Fantastic color.
    Acer cardigan, perfect.

    ReplyDelete