Monday, April 16, 2012

Unfinished Knitting


During this past winter I found that I enjoyed knitting more than sewing.  I managed to finish a few knitted projects, but I accumulated four UFOs--unfinished objects.  Four unfinished knitting projects, and I'm quickly losing my knitting obsession as the warm weather is now here and I WANT TO SEW.  Oops, I know that I'm not supposed to use all caps when typing, sorry.  But seriously, I have a problem with letting myself go to the sewing room when I have these half-completed knitting projects cluttering the space around my knitting chair.

What's a girl to do? Sew or knit?

Oh, and ooooohhhhh, did you know that the new issue of Ottobre is due to arrive any day now?!!!!  (Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to use multiple exclamation marks, either).  But this new Otto issue looks promising--full of pretty new patterns for summer.  For Emily.  And I can't wait for my copy!!!!


Guess I should get off the computer and work on one or the other knitting project...or sew something...hmmm...maybe I'll go read a book.

Happy Sewing,
Ruth

Acer Cardigan:  
By far the most challenging thing I have ever knit!
  
Rivulet Scarf:  
Thank you, Tammy, for writing about this lovely pattern.
 
Silky Drop Socks:  
This silk-blend yarn is so soft.
 
 
 Rambling Rows Afghan:
I started this several years ago and pulled it out again this winter.  
It is now at the half-way point.  
At this rate, it may be another few years before I get back to it.


P.S.  You can see my knitting projects here at Ravelry if you  have a Ravelry account. 


I have this one lone skein of yarn that I bought for a specific project, 
but now I don't remember what.  Any suggestions?

The coming-soon Otto!

 
My poor son never gets his picture on the blog, so here he is!  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful! I wish I could knit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chroma might make a pretty beret. There are tons of free patterns on Rav, but I'm sure you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going. They are wonderful. As a struggling knitter, I am mega impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the same boat. I have an unfinished afghan that I would love to present as a wedding gift. My goal was to complete it before the warm weather arrived. But last night it was too hot to knit, so I sewed.

    ReplyDelete