Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Simplicity 2692 Revisited



Recently I made a dress for Ellen from the same pattern I had used for the bridesmaid dress I sewed this past January. Ellen picked out the gauze fabric at Hancock's and persuaded me to make this dress for Easter. The dress went together quickly this second time around, and we were both excited and pleased about the finished garment. As much as Ellen likes this dress, I can guarantee that it will be worn a lot this summer. :)

You can read a full review of the dress here.

Ruth

(Sorry about the fuzzy pictures. I don't yet know how to use the new lens on my camera.)

9 comments:

  1. Ellen looks great in both of the versions of the dress. Very cute floral fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she does look fantastic in that pattern. The fabric is so fun, too. She seams to have grown up overnight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! It looks nice in both versions, I bet she'll get more use out of the second. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is just super cute! It looks so different in the gauze. By the way, I received my purse book. Can't wait to make something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress...and wonderful summer fabric...looks very stylish and comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty - a perfect look for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very pretty. I wonder if that style would work on me. I've only made myself one dress and thankfully I didn't have to make any adjustments to it because I have no idea how to do that yet. Gasp! Do you think this dress would work for someone with a relatively large cleavage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty and fun dress. I love the midriff band.
    She is a beautiful gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really good! She looks like you, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete