Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's County Fair Time!

Last night we had a fun family evening...
Elliot got to ride in a little water barrel train...he loved that!

Marie had to content herself with sitting on a really big tractor...she was just a bit too little to ride in the train by herself.

Justin liked the bunnies...just kidding!  The kids loved the petting farm though!

I was pretty excited...this year I won two best of show ribbons!  One for Marie's Easter dress and the other for my chocolate chip cookies. I've been entering sewn items in our county fairs since I was 16, but it's only in the last couple years that I've started doing some baked good too.  I'm really not a huge baker, but I do have a good chocolate chip cookie recipe.  =)

Have a great week, friends.  Mom is getting back in the middle of next week, so hopefully soon she's do a recap of her Switzerland trip.  I'm excited to have her back again...3 weeks is a long time to go without talking to your mom! 

Jessica

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Best of Show Ribbons! I am from SC and thought about entering some of my photography in the state fair this year but missed the deadline to register...oh well! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your prize-winning projects. They're fabulous!

    I entered things in our county fair for the first time this year and it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congrats Jessica!! Marie's dress is so pretty and you definitely deserve that Best Of Show!

    And your CCCs must be fabulous. I would love some right now. Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is impressive! I especially love the Easter dress, since I couldn't taste the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! The dress is so darn cute! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sewing - congratulations on the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Beautiful Dress and the best of show ribbons. IT IS FABULOUS!!!! You are so creative with the dress and skirt that you made for your daughter and yourself. I would have donate it and you made your daughter and yourself. you are so creative and you and your Mom are awesome. Your blog is really inspiration and fun to read. Make me want to sew and try to be more creative. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations on your winning project. I can't tell you how excited I was to come across your blog. I also love, love, love sewing and designing. I blog about it at www.kristinaclemens.blogspot.com
    Plus, we share another trait...a relationship with Jesus Christ!!! Will definitely be looking back.

    ReplyDelete