Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bedside Inspiration

From top to bottom

I have been literally buried in new books from the library...thought I'd share a few lovely pictures with you!

Have you ever wondered what the difference between a shirtdress, a maxi dress, an empire gown, a ball gown, and a cocktail dress?  Find out all in Fashion 101.  Great for the budding fashion designer and the sew-it-your-self types...  I wish I had this dress back when I was designing hundreds of paper doll dresses as a kid.  It would have been my constant companion. 
Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner.  I LOVE it all!

I want to make this... (I have some vintage scraps that would be perfect!)
and this...
...and these.  To cute!!

Material Obsession....sounds like me, right?

I literally gasped when I saw this quilt.  I adore purples and lavenders anyway, but the combination of colors and prints in this one blew me away. I just love simple quilts. Oh, I want it!
I have some fat quarters that will be perfect for this fat quarter quilt...
whenever I get around to it, that is!
 Finally, a trio of very lovely, restful pictures from Home Sewn.  I wish I could step right into this book and live in it.  The photos took me to another world and I came away relaxed and refreshed.
 
Delicious!
Blessings!
Jessica


10 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I recently had a great visit to the local library as well. I love the home sewn book and feel transported when I look at the pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom made me three of those pillows for my couch. They are so cute.. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to visit your library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got Seams to Me and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That just gives me an idea of checking out our public library here and see if they have some books about sewing. Hmmm... I love the books!

    Anyway, I already got the magazine in the mail and thank you so much. I sure enjoyed it. :) http://itssewtasticmama.blogspot.com/2010/04/something-in-mail.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time for me to take a trip to the library! Thanks for the booklist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog and love it. I'm a sewing fanatic. I also knit but never find the satisfaction in knitting that I do in sewing. My most recent obsession is buying pure silk vintage saris on eBay and sewing them into breezy, comfy summer blouses.

    Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if I checked those out I'd never want to return them! I have Material Obsession and LOVE it! I'm already working on my second of those Avalon/Fat Quarter quilts. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower now too.

    Anna
    P.S. LOVE the Nicey Jane fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 05, 2010

    I just got Seams To Me, and Fashion 101 from my library.

    I LOVE Seams To Me.I am making the "One of Everything Bag" that is featured. I also love the fact that it includes the patterns in full- size.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of eye candy...I can look all day at such loveliness :)

    ReplyDelete