Monday, June 15, 2009

More Fun with the Babies...

We've been taking advantage of the nice weather lately...today a friend and I took our kids to the park for lunch and then hit the local splash pad. It was a great way to chill off and enjoy some water. Elliot had BLAST! He wouldn't stop long enough for me to get a good picture.

Marie had fun sitting next to my friend's little girl. Got to love those the girly girls!

Last night we took our annual duck pond picnic as a family. Sad that we've only done it once a year...perhaps we can get out there more this summer. Mom, Marie wore the little purple outfit from you. It fits perfectly and looks so cute!

Ok, here's a picture of the refashioned skirt I mentioned yesterday. Basically I just cut off the bottom couple ruffles to make it just below knee length. I folded down the top to create a casing and put in elastic to make it fit.
I also got a picture of the pattern I used for Marie's dress. I made view c, but I'd really like to make the pinafore and pants this summer too. I love the little pleats on the front of the pinafore.

That's all for now!
Jessica

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 15, 2009

    I recognize the McCalls pattern. I made a couple of dresses for my girls who were born in 94' and 97'.

    Love your blog, I check it out when ever I need an inspiration.

    Janice
    from Southeastern WI
    kbrewer8219@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, fun, fun!!

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 16, 2009

    Hey, your kids hair is even redder than my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 18, 2009

    I just came across your blog. I made this same pattern for my daughter when she was little. She is now 21 and is getting married on Aug. 1 of this year. Time goes so quickly.

    jenny in Central WI

    ReplyDelete