Friday, July 18, 2008

Almost done...

Hello! I've been holed up in my sewing room in case anyone has been wondering where I am... This has been a fun project, but it has seriously taken every spare moment of my time this week.


Joshua just came over this morning and I was able to check the hems on him before I hem the jacket and pants.

To do still:

-sew waistband on (it is just basted on for fitting)
-sew waistband buttonholes
-sew 6 pants buttons on
-hem pants
-hem coat sleeves and sleeve lining
-press entire outfit

Hopefully I can get some pictures of him in the finished suit this evening. He's going to look pretty dashing!

8 comments:

  1. It looks great!! I have yet to attempt clothing. I'm new to sewing and am in awe of people who sew clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 19, 2008

    He looked very nice and authentic last night! They all had a wonderful time. You are a blessing...thank you for helping to make the night so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 19, 2008

    WOW! Wow! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! What type of cloth are you using? It looks like a woven wool twill? Hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please stop by my blog to pick up a blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, I saw pictures of Joshua wearing the finished outfit, and I must say, it looked fabulous! I'm so proud of you for getting it finished so quickly and for doing such a good job on it. I'm looking forward to your pictures on the blog.

    Elizabeth: Your profile is not available for public viewing, and we can't go to your blog because we don't know where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Tailoring!

    BTW...stop by my blog to pick up an Award---> ~Off The Cuff Style~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! What an undertaking and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete