Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I've been in the sewing mode....

Yesterday I finished off a couple of mini quilts I started last summer. I was trying to use up some pretty little scraps, and these just sort of evolved. If they don't sell, (they're in my etsy shop right now) I plan to hang the rose one in my sewing room, and the little chick one in Elliot's room.



Some time ago I bought a bunch of flannel at Joann's on a $2 per yard sale. I've been intending to start making crochet-edged blankets like Mom does for gifts and to sell. Today I finally got the 6 blankets cut out and serged. It didn't take any time and now they are ready to start crocheting on!

Blessings,
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jess! How can you part with the mini quilts? They are beautiful! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are 2 of the cutest little quilts around! I agree ... how can you part with them? Can't wait to see the crochet edgings on your blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mini quilts. I would love to make some because I'm too busy sewing other stuff to get any bed size ones made. Yours are beautiful. I never did get the hang of the crochet edge blankets, but before I die, I AM GOING TO!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete