Monday, October 08, 2007

A New Purse



As much as I like using my "Dorothy" bag, I am ready for a change. Time to sew a new purse! Voila! Here it is in all of its brown-ness:





Notice the little tag sewn to the outer pocket. Thank you, Heather, (my daughter) for the gift of the cute tags that match my fabric perfectly. The tag on the bag reads "euphoria."


Yes, I like pockets as mentioned in the past. I used a tutorial (there are several in blogland) for directions to sew the inside zippered pocket--a method I'd never done before--rather like welt pockets, which I have done before.

The magnetic snap is my favorite type of closure, and I'm thankful for the clearance sale I found a year ago where I purchased a number of these purse snaps.




Did I mention that I like pockets? The matching zippered pouch is really just another pocket. Think of it as a detachable pocket. Oh, these pouches are so fun to make! Again, I used another tag from Heather.





That's it for the purse, but take a look at Emily's hair! After wondering for so long if she would ever grow any hair, I am just loving her blonde curls. All sweetness, my baby! (Well, most of the time, anyway).




Until next time,
Ruth

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a cutie! She looks like a baby doll, the expression, her perfect skin and wide blue eyes, and her beautiful curly hair!

    I'm with you on the pockets. You can almost never have too many in a purse! Well, until I'm trying to direct my husband to find something in it, "In the front pocket on the right, no the one on the inside, no the zippered inside front right pocket, no -- Oh I'll find it!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tags..Where did Heather get them? They match perfectly! Can't wait to see the purse on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice purse! And I love the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new purse looks great! Wow! And Emily is adorable! Love her curls. All of my kids got my super straight hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great purse! Is it your own pattern? I love the design and the fabric - it's perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag.....and what an adorable child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that purse!! The fabric is SOOO CUTE!!! Will you post one on your etsy? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bag is amazing! I would really like to attempt one but am not that great at sewing on a machine (hand sewer!). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bags and purses are awesome! I admire anyone that can sew something so beautifully. I make my own purses but they don't hold a candle to yours. I did manage to put together a tutorial on my blog though about how I put a zipper into a purse. If you have any suggestions for how I could improve my technique, I'd appreciate the advice. :) The tutorial is here:

    Zipper in a Purse

    ReplyDelete