Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A New Sewing Toy!

Yes, I finally bought a serger! I've had the money to buy a serger since I got married, but just never followed through on researching and finding one. This one is a used Pfaff 4870 that I got off of e-bay, and I am so happy with it. I has a lot of neat features--21 different stitch options and up to 5 threads, and each of the stitch options has 3 programmable memories to save tension changes and such. I've only had a couple days to play around with it, but it seems to be fairly easy to thread (I got it right the1st time!), and it sews beautifully. I made a knit shirt to try out some of the different stitches...I used a flatlock stitch for the hem and that worked pretty well. I definitely will do more clothing sewing for myself now that I have a serger again.

Elliot is 6 months old now and he is just now starting to eat rice cereal. It's so much fun. I think mommy was more excited about feeding him then he was at first, but now after a few days, he chows down pretty good at dinner time. Yesterday he had fun spitting cereal on Justin!


2 comments:

  1. Be sure to check out Pfaff-Talk.net for information on your new serger. Lots of folks to help you if needed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elliot is soo cute!! If he is 6 months old, I guess that makes me 37 1/2! Somehow that doesn't seem as sweet as 6 months. ;o)

    Enjoy your new serger.

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete