Sunday, April 22, 2007

Busy Days are Here Again

It's been awhile since I've written here. With all the end of the school year activities, April and May are always busy months for us. I have about 10 posts in my mind that I've been wanting to blog about, but I've not been able to take the time at the computer to do so. In the midst of the busy-ness, I have been doing a bit of sewing and knitting. Three days ago Jessica and I went to Hobby Lobby to look at fabric, and I came home with two pieces of fabric destined to become skirts. Well, one of the skirts is already finished! I just love quick sews! I'll try to get a picture taken of the finished skirt, but here is a picture of the fabric--in my new favorite color, brown.



Also, two weeks ago I cast on the cardigan sweater for Emily. I even surprised myself and knit a gauge swatch first. Well, I "got" gauge with the test swatch, so tell me why is the sweater coming out bigger than it's supposed to? I really don't mind, however, because I know Emily will grow into the sweater eventually. And as quickly as she's growing now, it will probably fit her just perfectly this coming fall. I only hope I have enough yarn to finish it. :-)


Another busy week ahead! I'll catch up when I can.

Ruth


2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric. What a cute skirt that will be. The sweater is very cute too.

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I was at our local Hobby Lobby and noticed that a LOT of their yarn was missing, as was a lot of their fabric. I talked to the lady who always helps me with fabric and found out that they are greatly reducing the amount and types of fabric they keep in the store, focusing mostly on the calico & 100% cotton. She said you will be able to order the other types of fabric. They are also reducing their yarn and I saw them marking down a great deal of it. Just thought you might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete