Friday, February 09, 2007

Treasures, Part 3

Treasures from the Closet, Part 3






This little white dress was smocked in 1996 using the Ashley/Corey pattern by ABC Kids. I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but I added little glass beads to the row with the bullion roses. The bonnet pattern came from English Smocking by Children's Corner, one of my favorite instruction books for basic smocking. I bought this book from a thrift store and have found it to be a great reference book.





My doll baby, Ellen, was 6 months old when this picture was taken in 1996.



I'm still in the planning stages of the dress I want to smock for Emily for Easter this year. More on that to come....


Ruth


2 comments:

  1. Really very cute and adorable dresses! Greetings from Estonia, Mari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my fave books to refer to...
    Love the dress and bonnet! Never enough smocking, I always say!

    ReplyDelete