Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On the Needles--Knitted Socks


My next project on the agenda-- to finish these socks that I started last year! I came across these last week while cleaning out my knitting bag. The problem is that I don't remember what pattern I was using. Once I figure out how to do the garter edging on the heel flap I should be okay though since I can just do a stockinette stitch for the foot.

I enjoyed crocheting Jessica's sweater so much that I'm ready for more crochet and knitting projects. First off, I will finish these socks, and then I plan on knitting something for my new grandson coming in February. (I still have not gotten used to the idea of me being a grandma!) Oh, wait, I forgot that I promised Katie I'd knit a purse for her. Okay, I'll work on the socks simultaneously while knitting the purse, and then I'll start the baby project... and no, Jessica, I won't tell you what it's going to be. In the meantime, I need to finish the fall decorations I started--5 stuffed pumpkins and 1 Thanksgiving table runner, not to mention the shirt that has been cut out for 4 weeks and is still waiting to be sewn (a gift for Katie, once again).


On a sidenote, this week I made Emily a crocheted "cradle purse" which she liked so much that she took it with her to bed one day at naptime. When I went into her room later I found little strands of yarn all over the her crib and on the floor. The little stinker had taken apart the drawstring pom-poms, strand by strand! I'll post pictures of the cradle purse after I fix the drawstrings. I think I'll try tassels this time instead of pom-poms.

Until next time,
Ruth

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog - you inspire me to start sewing again.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you share the yarn info if you have it, please? I love those colors! Sock knitting is addictive. If you don't have a baby sock pattern, holler and I'll share a few links with you for freebies. That grandson will need socks. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks look wonderful! I just tried knitting my first pair. There is a great site, Silver's Sock Class online that may help you to remember the heel portion. Your socks look great thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan....Is this Susan T? Remember when we used to smock all those dresses? I don't sew nearly as much as I used to. Sigh. Life got busier as the kids got older. I miss you! (If you are indeed my Sue).
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete