Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pins and Pincushions




















This was not an original idea, but a fun one nevertheless. When I saw these easy to make pincushions on another blog I just had to make one for myself! (So I made two and gave one to Jessica). Then of course, I had to make Shrinky Dink pins to go with the pincushions.

This is where it got fun. We had nine people around the table drawing on Shrinky Dink and making pins! We found out that Jessica's husband is quite the artist. Actually, I already knew this, but I had never seen him in action before. The pins he made are something special! I love the intense look on the faces of these creative people. Even Matthew joined in the fun. Heather and Sam made a few Shrinky Dinks and then manned the oven to the great relief of everyone else.

I remember making things with Shrinky Dink years ago when I was a kid. I'd forgotten about it until I saw a tutorial for these pins on the Wee Wonderfuls blog. Good memories, good times. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Ruth

5 comments:

  1. I've seen those pincushions, and I've wanted to try my hand at them. I like the pins! Where you you get the stuff for "Shrinky dink"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 13, 2006

    They are so cute and the shrinky dink pins are a wonderful touch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the Shrinky Dink at Hobby Lobby. It was $4.99 for 10 8"x10" sheets. Use an online coupon for 40% off.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the cushions. I'm adding that to my list of want-tos. Thanks for a great blog, can't wait to have the time to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete