Monday, June 19, 2006

Free Embroidery Patterns

This last weekend I did a little embroidery project on a tea towel for a gift. It turned out really well and I had fun working on it.


I found this charming horse pattern as well as many others at http://www.needlecrafter.com/. They have hundrends of vintage patterns that are free to download. Imagine how cute hand embroidery on an apron would be?

I just love these vegetable patterns.



Here is the direct link to the Pattern Library. There is also a very comprehensive Stitch Dictionary that would be helpful if you are learning to embroider.

Jessica

ps. oops... when you click on the direct links above, they still take you to the homepage, but the link is highlighted on the top of the page, in a box, so just click there to get to where I was talking about.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable work! I've used that pattern library, and found some fabulous stuff there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. We've been talking about doing some embroidery, and this will be a great resource. I have purchased some iron on patterns at Wal-mart, but the girls and I haven't gotten started on them yet. My 13 yo will love this as she loves horses. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, having 5 daughters I find it encouraging to get ideas from sites such as yours.

    In Him,
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project. I went to the link. Glad you posted this on your blog.

    ReplyDelete